- Dokku is your own, single-host version of Heroku.
- CapRover : Similar to Dokku above, but seems to do more
- Deta.sh : Free cloud hosting for python/node apps
LetsEncrypt Certbot SSL For Ubuntu
Install certbot using :
sudo apt-get install certbot python-certbot-nginx
Install the certificate using : (Replace mydomain.com with appropriate domain name).
sudo certbot --nginx -d mydomain.com -d www.mydomain.com
This command is so awesome that it :
- Configures nginx (or apache) server for you.
- Optionally configured nginx (or apache) to redirect all
https(You should always choose Yes when asked)
- Configures auto renewal of the certificate.
It automatically adds an entry into crontab so that certbot is run twice daily. There is an entry under
Run the following to check the status of renewal service :
sudo systemctl status certbot.timer
If the automated renewal process ever fails, Let’s Encrypt will send a message to the email you specified, warning you when your certificate is about to expire.